Breastfeeding Crash Course
13 May, 2023
9:00 am GMT+0800
Great Eastern Centre
Saturday, 13 May 2023
9am-1pm (registration starts at 8.30am)
Location: 1 Pickering Street @ Great Eastern Centre Singapore 048659
9am to 1pm, 4 hours (30mins break)
Who shall attend:
– First-time mom
– Existing mothers who want to know more about breastfeeding
Yvonne Lim, IBCLC
Part 1: Know Your Breastfeeding Basics
- Science of Breastfeeding
- A Perfect Latch & Red Flags
- Managing Engorgement
- DIY Lactation Massage
Part 2: Common Lactation Challenges
- Low Milk Supply
- Blocked Milk Ducts
- Jaundice vs Breastfeeding
- Nipple Confusion
Part 3: Pumping/ Hand Expression
- What-To-Expect In Pumping/ Hand Expression
- How To Choose Right Pump
- Milk Handling & Storage
Part 4: Beyond 6 month
- Returning to work
- Dietary & Nutrition Guide
“What I Don't Know” - #AskMadamPartum
This #ASK-Madam-Partum Breastfeeding Crash Course is ideal for any mum-to-be or existing mummies who are keen to have success in breastfeeding. The experts are the IBCLC International Board Certified Lactation Consultants, Yen or Yvonne. here to share, guide and equip you on breastfeeding know-how and boost your confidence level in breastfeeding.
You may already have experience or knowledge about breastfeeding basics. However, imparting this ‘breastfeeding know-how’ to your newborn may sound challenging especially after bringing your baby home from the hospital. #ASK-Madam-Partum Crash Course aims to share with you the most common challenges faced by the majority of mothers in the first week such as dealing with severe engorgement, getting a baby to “exclusive breastfeeding”, and solutions to increase milk supply.
If you plan to be an “exclusive pumping mother”, Yen or Yvonne, are always here to listen to your struggles and suggest a pumping plan that suits your needs. If you are returning work soon, this crash course contains elements on how to juggle the works and pumping at the same time such as maintain milk supply while working, common challenges faced when back to work, tips to pump at work with pumping plan for different jobs such as office professionals, retail/ service personnel or on-the-go.
Starting off to a “Good Breast-Start” can make a total difference in your breastfeeding.
- FREE 30mins In-Clinic Lactation Consultation worth $80 (Limited to 1 patient per registration)
- FREE Breastfeeding Essential Kit worth $80
(Limited to 1 bag per registration)
Who are the Experts?
Yvonne Lim, IBCLC
Yvonne Lim, IBCLC
I Want To Get The Ticket Now!
- Single Ticket (1 pax) | $68
I’m coming alone
- Couple Tickets (2 pax) | $88
I’m coming with my spouse/friend
Frequently Asked Questions
About Crash Course
What if I paid for the crash course and cannot attend it eventually?
A friendly reminder message will be sent to you 1 day prior to the crash course. You may request rescheduling or cancellation if you are unable to attend the crash course. No refund will be made and you can request to go to the next earliest date of the crash course.
Can my spouse come along to the crash course?
Your spouse’s involvement is always important in embarking on the breastfeeding journey. Do purchase a couple tickets so that you can invite your spouse to join in.
I had already delivered 2 months ago, is this course still relevant to me?
This crash course is to equip you with the breastfeeding knowledge and understand struggles you might face along the breastfeeding journey. If you faced certain breastfeeding issues and wanted to have immediate advice, it would be good to arrange face-to-face consultation with the IBCLC team.
I am 14 weeks only, shall I attend this crash course?
Yes, why not?! This crash course is ideal for any expecting mommies as early as after passing the 1st trimester milestone.
I am going to deliver next week, is it too late to attend crash course?
It is never too late to attend crash courses as long as you are “fit” to walk. There will be some hands-on work that requires you to move around and certainly many mothers like you are able to do it.
Will I get a hand-out or materials after the crash course?
Yes, a simplified hand-outs will be given to you during the crash course.
About Lactation Consultation
When can I redeem complimentary lactation consultation?
This complimentary lactation consultation is limited to 1 patient per registration. The service is only available Tuesday and Thursday at Madam Partum @ Katong with advanced appointments. There is an additional charge of S$40 for every 15-minute block after the first 30mins. Home service top is is available if you required home visit (Minimum 90mins for home visit).
In the face-to-face consultation, the IBCLC team provides breast & nipple anatomy assessment as well as how well your baby latches direct from your breast. They will also address common lactation challenges such as low milk supply, expressing breastmilk and handling & storing breastmilk.
Terms & Conditions:
- All tickets sold are non-refundable and non-exchangeable for other services or products.
- It is not valid in conjunction with other discounts/promotions.
- All prices quoted are inclusive of GST.
- Limited to 1 Goodie Bag per registration and will be given out upon the completion of the seminar.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the management reserves the right to replace the therapist without notice.
- Madam Partum and Chien Chi Tow reserve the rights to amend the terms and conditions without notice.
- By purchasing the ticket above, we acknowledge that you have read, understood, and will abide by the above terms and conditions stated above and also agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
- a. I consent to the processing of my personal data by Madam Partum for marketing purposes and agree to be contacted for updates, news and promotions via Phone/SMS and/or Email by Madam Partum/Chien Chi Tow/Cordlife and all our preferred partners. I understand that I can unsubscribe and opt out anytime if I prefer not to receive any updates by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.