For pregnant mothers in their second or third trimester, as the fetus continues to grow, squeezing the heart and lungs in the chest cavity, restricting the breathing movement of the lungs, and reducing the ability of pregnant women to remove secretions from the respiratory tract and therefore more likely to cause inflammations.
We recommend the following Traditional Chinese Medicines herbs that can help to clear “heat”, detoxify and boost your immunity.
Dandelion 蒲公英 : Help expel “heat” in the body, and reduce swelling, boosting of the immune system
Chrysanthemum 菊花：It has been used for hundreds of years in Chinese medicine. People use it to treat respiratory problems, high blood pressure, and hyperthyroidism. It can reduce “heatiness” inflammation and calm your nerves
Ophiopogonis 麦冬 ： nourishes yin and moistens the lung, benefits the stomach and generates body fluids, clears heat in the heart and alleviates irritability.
American Ginseng 西洋参: Ginseng has traditionally been taken to aid a range of medical conditions. Nourishing qi and nourishing blood, strengthening spleen and stomach, anti-fatigue, and strengthening immunity
Recommended Herbal Drink to Boost Immunity：
(1) American Ginseng Ophiopogonis wolfberries herbal drink
• American Ginseng 西洋参 – 2g
• Ophiopogonis 麦冬8g
• Wolfberries 枸杞子 3g
1. Boil all the herbs with 500ml water till boiling point
2. Once it reached boiling point, turn to low heat till its about 300ml (approximate 1 cup)
3. You may like to add minimal amount of rock sugar for a sweeter flavour
(2) Dandelion, Chrysanthemum floral drink (preferably to choose wild chrysanthemum or chrysanthemum buds)
• Dandelion 蒲公英– 3 g
• Wild chrysanthemum or chrysanthemum bud 菊花 – 2 g
• Licorice 甘草 – 1 slice
1. Soak all herbs into boiling water for 5 minutes before consumption